ThéMA is a geographical research laboratory. It is a joint research unit (UMR 6049) of the CNRS and the Universities of Franche-Comté and Burgundy. ThéMA forms part of the human sciences institutes of the two universities. It operates out of sites in Dijon and Besançon, the UMR's headquarters.
The research unit is active in several thematic areas in line with social demand. It is composed of three research teams – 'Mobility, Cities and Transport', 'Landscape and Living Environment' and 'Territorial Intelligence' – interlinked by a cross-cutting line of research.
- New book: “Déplacements urbains : sortir de l’orthodoxie” – A new perspective on transportation habits
- TheMA invited to the International Transport Forum of the OECD
- WMLF: Wavelet Leaders in Multifractal Analysis in R
- Joanne Hirtzel in defending her PhD thesis "Exploration of future changes of residential locations in an urban agglomeration using an individual-based simulation model (Mobisim)" on February 9th 2015 in Besançon.
- The 12th edition of the Théo Quant meetings will take place in Besançon May 20 to 22 2015