ThéMA is a geographical research laboratory. It is a joint research unit (UMR 6049) of the CNRS and the Universities of Franche-Comté and Burgundy. ThéMA forms part of the human sciences institutes of the two universities. It operates out of sites in Dijon and Besançon, the UMR's headquarters.
The research unit is active in several thematic areas in line with social demand. It is composed of three research teams – 'Mobility, Cities and Transport', 'Landscape and Living Environment' and 'Territorial Intelligence' – interlinked by a cross-cutting line of research.
- Talk Announcement: Rémi Lemoy "The city in 2 and 3 dimensions: monocentric analysis and scaling of land use and population density" on monday the 21th november 2016 in Besançon
- Christophe Mimeur is defending his PhD thesis "The traces of speed between space and network - Geohistorical approach to the growth of the French Railway Network" on December 9th 2016 in Dijon
- Yohan Sahraoui is defending his PhD thesis on December the 1st 2016 in Besançon.
- Justin Emery is defending his PhD thesis "The City Under Electrodes : from the observation to the evaluation of traffic air pollution towards a multi-agent simulation of urban road traffic" on November 17th 2016 in Dijon.
- New book : « Deciding Where to Live »