ThéMA is a geographical research laboratory. It is a joint research unit (UMR 6049) of the CNRS and the Universities of Franche-Comté and Burgundy. ThéMA forms part of the human sciences institutes of the two universities. It operates out of sites in Dijon and Besançon, the UMR's headquarters.
The research unit is active in several thematic areas in line with social demand. It is composed of three research teams – 'Mobility, Cities and Transport', 'Landscape and Living Environment' and 'Territorial Intelligence' – interlinked by a cross-cutting line of research.
- Colette Bourlier is defending her PhD thesis "Migrants workers in Besançon in the second half of 20th century" on March 15th 2016 in Besançon.
- Valérie Facchinetti-Mannone is defending her accreditation to supervise research on march 14th 2016 in Dijon
- Conference on daily mobility and habits by Thomas Buhler at EPFL (Lausanne, CH). February 25th / 12h30.
- New version of Graphab software
- Marc Bourgeois is defending his PhD thesis "Ecological impacts of urban forms. Urban and landscape modelling." on December 11th 2015 in Besançon.