You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-12 06:56:32

alex.lechner
Website

Problems Running Graphab

Hi,

The software appears to be very promising. However, I am having problems successfully running the software.

I get the following error:

Jun 12, 2013 4:46:45 PM org.thema.graphab.Project <init>
INFO: Nb patch : 29
Jun 12, 2013 4:46:45 PM org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore createSchema
WARNING: PRJ file not generated for null CoordinateReferenceSystem
Jun 12, 2013 4:46:45 PM org.thema.graphab.Project <init>
INFO: Nb small patch removed : 0
Jun 12, 2013 4:46:46 PM org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore createSchema
Jun 12, 2013 4:46:46 PM org.geotools.data.shapefile.ShapefileDataStore createSchema
Jun 12, 2013 4:46:46 PM org.thema.graphab.MainFrame$22 run
SEVERE: null
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.awt.image.Raster cannot be cast to java.awt.image.WritableRaster
    at org.thema.graphab.Project.getImageSource(Project.java:1453)
    at org.thema.graphab.Project.createLayers(Project.java:1529)
    at org.thema.graphab.Project.<init>(Project.java:266)
    at org.thema.graphab.NewProjectDialog.createProject(NewProjectDialog.java:500)
    at org.thema.graphab.MainFrame$22.run(MainFrame.java:368)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It appears to work however, and patches and links have been identified. I can even display the output by loading them up separately.

I have been able to run some of the tools however I am not sure if the output is sensible. As when I run those tools I get the warning message "WARNING: PRJ file not generated for null CoordinateReferenceSystem".

I am running Graphlab on Windows 7 64bit. The raster is projected WGS1984 zone55S

I wonder if it would be useful to have some data that works so that users can ensure they have data in the appropriate format.

Thanks

Alex Lechner

#2 2013-06-12 17:34:24

admin
Graphab Dev

Re: Problems Running Graphab

Hi,
Some tiff raster are loaded in "read only" Raster java class. I've not yet solve this problem. I'll try to found a workaround next few days.

The warning is not important. Graphab does not manage projection. Users have to import all their data in the same coordinate system.

We are now preparing a sample dataset and sample project that will be available on the web site

Gilles Vuidel

#3 2013-06-13 08:04:31

alex.lechner
Website

Great.

I am happy to do some testing.

Alex

#4 2013-06-17 08:41:26

admin
Graphab Dev

Hi,
I have uploaded a new version correcting the "WritableRaster" error : http://filex.univ-fcomte.fr/get?k=kqNhfVxum8PIwOCq2DT
Could you test it with your own data ?
You can also test graphab with a sample project available on documentation page.
Thanks for testing
Gilles

#5 2013-06-20 10:21:56

alex.lechner
Website

Just downloaded it and it works fine with my data. No problems so far.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers,

Alex

#6 2013-08-22 04:42:04

alex.lechner
Website

Just letting you know that everything seems to work well.

I have not had any major issues.

Here are some very minor issues that don't necessarily need to be addressed:

1. I noticed that certain raster tiff formats don't work. I needed to specify the output bit depth in ArcGIS. I was just trying to recreate the error - but couldn't quite do it.

2. When I click on local metric it took me a while to realize that it had calculated metric and that to view the result I have to change the legend. It would be nice if it automatically changed this so the results were viewed instantaneously and the user new the calculation was successful.

3. On occasion I had some of the metric tools crash. But these errors weren't consistent so I can't tell you exactly why that occurred.

4. I don't know if there is a way to assess the suitability of large datasets. I had some large high resolution datasets which I never finished processing as they would get stuck on extracting patches [I stopped it before I had an error] or that just wouldn't load up.

Anyway well done for making a great piece of free software that is relatively bug free.

I hope it gets the attention that it deserves.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Board footer